Deck Suggestions

Make suggestions for decks, games, etc., here!

Deck Suggestions

Postby Nori » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:35 am

Please leave any deck suggestions/requests here. The more a deck is requested, the higher on the priority list it will be when making decks. Decks on the suggested list MAY be claimed over on the Deck Donation forum. You may also want to check the Upcoming Deck List to make sure the deck you are requested hasn't already been made/isn't in the process of being made.

I will not release decks for a new (as in decks do not yet exist, not vintage of the show) series/set until I have at least two made. I'd prefer to not have a handful of series with every deck imaginable, and 20 with one random deck at this point in time.
Nori
Site Admin

Re: Deck Suggestions

Postby Ralene » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:28 pm

I would be all sorts of happy if decks from Kamen Rider OOO, Mahou Sentai Magiranger and/or Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger would be added to the list. :)
Ralene

Postby Nori » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Ralene wrote:I would be all sorts of happy if decks from Kamen Rider OOO, Mahou Sentai Magiranger and/or Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger would be added to the list. :)

Do you have any in particular (characters/etc) you'd like to see first? It gives me a place to start looking - I was planning on adding some OOO decks soon at the very least :)

Also, I'll be actually moving you to the trader list a little later this evening, but feel free to make claims/etc. if you would like to donate :)
Nori
Site Admin

Postby Ralene » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Hmm...I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend the titular rider, OOO (Hino Eiji), Ankh (the Greed/Greeed) and the two Births (Date and Gotou). The Greed/Greeeds would probably be next up on the list as well though.

For Magiranger, probably the various Magirangers, Vancuria (plus Nai and Mere) and Wolzard and for Dekaranger, the Dekarangers plus Doggie, Swan and...Murphy?

(Also, do we have the ability to PM on the forums? Just curious!)
Ralene

Postby Nori » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:50 pm

I'll probably start with Eiji & Ankh (+ Tatoba combo OOO) first, and maybe Hina-chan as well. Shall poke around for a handful of characters from Magi/Dekaranger to start with, too :)

You should be able to PM - if you look under the username to the right you'll see a little PM icon. If you don't see one, let me know and I'll enable it :)
Nori
Site Admin

Postby Ralene » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Yep, I see it now, thank you.

So many characters too, exciting! (Yeah, OOO has a pretty big human cast...though Fourze's now out does it handedly in pure numbers)
Ralene

Postby Aegis » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Denji Sentai Megaranger, particularly Date Kenta/MegaRed and Jogasaki Chisato/MegaYellow. On the Showa side of things how about Kamen Rider Stronger?
Aegis

Postby Ralene » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:03 pm

If we're going Megaranger, then I'd recommend Shun Namiki/Mega Blue. Ooh, Showa....hmmm.. We'd be remiss if we didn't recommend Kamen Rider 1/Ichigo of course and I'd also put in votes for Kamen Rider Super-1 and Kamen Rider ZX (though he's probably going to be hard to find images of, considering he was only in 1 special and the various modern crossover movies...)
Ralene

Postby Nori » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Aegis wrote:Denji Sentai Megaranger, particularly Date Kenta/MegaRed and Jogasaki Chisato/MegaYellow. On the Showa side of things how about Kamen Rider Stronger?

Ralene wrote:If we're going Megaranger, then I'd recommend Shun Namiki/Mega Blue. Ooh, Showa....hmmm.. We'd be remiss if we didn't recommend Kamen Rider 1/Ichigo of course and I'd also put in votes for Kamen Rider Super-1 and Kamen Rider ZX (though he's probably going to be hard to find images of, considering he was only in 1 special and the various modern crossover movies...)

I'll see what I can do! The Showa-era ones just may take longer to get out, since they're a bit harder to get a hold of/don't generally fall under the category of "yeay prettyboy/girl idols in spandex!" (and thus the fangirl/boy masses aren't screencapping everything left and right and making my job easier ;))
Nori
Site Admin

Postby Ralene » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:31 am

Understandable. I'm sure if you need screencaps, perhaps Aegis can help... (get on it Aegis!)

Also, on another subject, I love your icon... :)
Ralene

Postby Aegis » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:50 am

Megaranger screencaps? Yeah I could get any screencap you want. I have the whole show raw it's just a matter of taking the pics.

What about Sentai robos? Those could be a whole category by themselves.
Aegis

Postby Nori » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:43 am

Ralene wrote:Understandable. I'm sure if you need screencaps, perhaps Aegis can help... (get on it Aegis!)

Also, on another subject, I love your icon... :)

I'm always down for image donations, since it makes making decks easier (don't have to keep stopping and looking for images to use~)

Ehehe. Jae made it years ago; I have since commandeered it >.>'
Nori
Site Admin

Postby Nori » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:47 am

Aegis wrote:Megaranger screencaps? Yeah I could get any screencap you want. I have the whole show raw it's just a matter of taking the pics.

What about Sentai robos? Those could be a whole category by themselves.

Any caps you can give would be great! Just pick a few characters and throw 'em in the "Deck Donations" category :) (Which is exactly what I did with MagiRanger last night >>)

Robos are totally fine :D I may not add any actual Robo decks until I get a few more Rider decks made, but if I have the images on hand it means I can just make and release :)
Nori
Site Admin

Postby Ralene » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Nori, quick question/note/thing.

I hate to be well, weird and all but....think we can delay some of those den-o decks for a bit? I think if you end up doing all those Ryou+imagin decks, Den-o will overtake Shinken as having the most decks (and may not be surpassable). I know it's really tempting but it might end up being a bit easier for the moment to just make 1 ryoutarou+imagin possessed deck (to share between the main imagin) and when there are more decks out there, perhaps split it back up? I'm just worried that while those are both fan-popular decks, that having so many forms/people between them will make it impossible to get other decks in the randomizer (which is happening now with Shinken's many characters)

Again, please take it with a grain of salt. I just saw the upcoming list and sort of freaked out at the massive amounts of den-o/shinken decks coming up.
Ralene

Postby Nori » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Ralene wrote:Nori, quick question/note/thing.

I hate to be well, weird and all but....think we can delay some of those den-o decks for a bit? I think if you end up doing all those Ryou+imagin decks, Den-o will overtake Shinken as having the most decks (and may not be surpassable). I know it's really tempting but it might end up being a bit easier for the moment to just make 1 ryoutarou+imagin possessed deck (to share between the main imagin) and when there are more decks out there, perhaps split it back up? I'm just worried that while those are both fan-popular decks, that having so many forms/people between them will make it impossible to get other decks in the randomizer (which is happening now with Shinken's many characters)

Again, please take it with a grain of salt. I just saw the upcoming list and sort of freaked out at the massive amounts of den-o/shinken decks coming up.

Ahahaha. I have no intention of releasing them all in one go (in fact, it could be *months* before even half of them are out, with the number of other series and characters there are to do). This is actually the exact reason the limit for deck donations is two decks, per series, per person at a time (in other words, you'd only be allowed to claim/donate, say, two Boukenger decks at once) - donated decks are more likely to be released with the next update, and I'm trying to even out the number of {released} decks between series before adding new ones (Faiz aside since Takumi's deck was the second one that was made, you'll notice I'll always release two decks for a new series.)

It's just that when I make decks, I'm usually making from images that have multiple characters in them (in Den-O's case, I was working primarily from photobook scans rather than screencaps), and it just makes sense (and takes far less time) to do all the work while I have them open instead of going and looking for all the images on HD again at a later time :) I'm also currently working primarily from images I already have, so that accounts for some of the "billion decks waiting for x series". It's a backlog more than anything - something to fall back on at those times where I don't have time to make decks ... and to give myself a list of stuff I've already done/started working on, so I don't do something silly like try to make the same deck twice (........again, as I started making a second GokaiYellow deck last week while making Ahim's and got half way through cropping images before realizing "DERP") - so there is *some* sort of method to the madness. Boy Scouts taught me to "Be Prepared", after all ;)

It's basically the same deal with the Shinkenger decks. :) I'd rather make 20 decks in one go when I have time and stuff to work with to be released periodically than be scrambling to find something to release when I'm strapped for it, haha (I think tomorrow's "making" batch aside from donated stuff will be Go-Onger and the rest of the GekiRanger decks). At the moment I have a little bit of a lull school-wise (midterms are over and projects are in, so I have about a week of somewhat-rest until I have to start cramming for finals at the end of May), so I'm trying to get as many decks made as possible while I have the time - and even then, anything on the "Upcoming" list hasn't actually been made into a real deck yet; it's just all be cropped/resized and thrown into the psd to save later.

The not-so-secret deck release priority is this: Donated decks (provided I'm able to get together a second deck for a newly-added series if one hasn't already been donated or made), normal characters, and first/main-form riders/rangers (as opposed to alternate forms like... well pretty much any non-Sword/Altair form of Den-O or Zeronos, including Plat Form, since they've got a bajillion each) - and no more than two decks per series in each update, which would usually be a new series. Releases will also always be half sentai decks and half rider decks, regardless of the number of decks released (so long as it's an even number, which the next one won't be - it will be a 7 deck release so we hit 50 decks). Only after the main ones are up will I be releasing things like second forms, unless any particular series is lacking in the deck department. In other words, donations are fab! 8D I may start waiting to give donation rewards until after those particular decks are released, actually.

I hope this bit of teal deer cleared things up a little bit and some worry has been pushed aside :)
Nori
Site Admin

Postby Ralene » Sat May 05, 2012 7:47 pm

For all that is awesome, I am hoping I can donate a deck for Kougami Kousei and call it Cakeboss.

.....but that probably won't work, now will it? :D
Ralene

Postby Nori » Sun May 06, 2012 1:57 am

Ralene wrote:For all that is awesome, I am hoping I can donate a deck for Kougami Kousei and call it Cakeboss.

.....but that probably won't work, now will it? :D

...../CRACKS UP

We could. maybe. possibly. have special decks. of special things. like cakeboss. and "stupid rider expressions".
Nori
Site Admin

Postby Ralene » Sun May 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Oh gosh, that would be awesome. XD So very awesome; we NEED to make this.
Ralene

Postby Nori » Fri May 11, 2012 3:13 pm

WE SHALL SEE once we get a few more things sorted out. However, I'm not opposed to a Kougami deck. XD;
Nori
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions